Friday, January 13, 2012

Project Runway - Night at the Opera

The contestants are asked to create a couture gown specifically made for going to the opera. They have $350 budget and only day to complete. The whole episode talks about how Austin is the King of couture, so the pressure is on. I find it funny that April and Michael think alike. She decides to do a red dress and so does he. The difference is that Michael always gets a little cry girlish when things don't go his way and April with the blue hair says "do a red dress!".

He ends up switching to black and thank the lord he did. His dress was stunning. Top to bottom AMAZING. I wish I could wear it and buy it. It was this black jersey fabric that cinched at the waist with a glitter belt running through to the back, where all you see is the glitter belt around the back and the lowest waistline. Gorge. The top had this high neck collar with hand beaded designs and feathers. Truly to die for.

from ew.com

April decides to dip her red dress in dye and make it ombre. Yuck. When I think of classy opera gowns, ombre is the furthest thing from my mind, right? I still have NO idea why she is on this show. Anthony makes a gorgeous white gown, but styles it all wrong. Michael Kors would rip him a new one.

Badgley and Mischka are the guest judges today. I love their wedding gowns.

Although safe, here are my thoughts on the designers that whizzed by.

Kenley - her brown and pink polka dress was nice, but not for opera
Gordana - her purple ensemble was gorgeous on the top. I loved the beading! But the skirt with the panels was gross. She needs to rethink
Rami - his magenta dress looked lopsided and not his best work
Mila - her dress was a gorgeous slinky black one with beads and a single asymmetrical strap. LOVED it. But I guess not for the opera.
Mondo - what was this? not his best work. Although I love little gay Mondo, I think that sometimes his style is not for everybody
Jerrell - not the best


In the top was Anthony's white gown, Michael's gorgeous black piece and Austin's gold lame gown. Austin ended up winning and I am not sure why. I thought Michael would kill this one. Austin's dress was nicely tailored and the gold lame is gorgeous, but I think that it is not my favorite, especially with the black netting.


from ew.com

In the bottom was Kara, who made a floral frock with a small black ribbon. Nicely constructed, but not an opera gown. Maybe for the Kentucky Derby? April's ombre creation was here as well, are we surprised? It looks goth and dreary. The whole thing looked like a mistake, just like why she is even on here in the first place, A MISTAKE! Finally the loser and the one to go, dated old Sweet P. It was a coral top with a floral skirt. Even if she did switch to a floral top and coral skirt, I would still dub this hideous! She was sent home.


from ew.com

I am still rooting for Michael or Mondo to win the whole thing. Gotta love an underdog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember most posts contain spoilers! Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...