Monday, January 30, 2012

Project Runway: Gelatto

Another week and more design challenges, I can't wait! Let's dig in, literally. This week's episode is about designing something with gelatto flavors as your inspiration. Since Michael won the last challenge, he gets to choose first. He chooses grapefruit. All of the other designers choose and get to eat their choice as a treat! Yum. She announces who the guest judge will be, Diane Von Furstenberg and Michael is genuinely crying like a kid in a candy store. This is why I love Michael and I have since his season. I am rooting for him to win. He is sweet, genuine and very talented. In his season all of the others made fun of him and made him feel like he couldn't sew, even though I thought he was amazing. I am so glad they brought him back!

from ew.com

The challenge has to be done in 6 hours. YIKES. They set up a mini mood in the workroom to save some time and the designers are feeling the heat. I feel like giving them this crazy time constraint restricts their creativity. How can anyone design something truly fabulous in really 5 hours, since they need to sketch, get materials, and fit models and send to hair and makeup? Jeesh.

Judging....

So we have the normal people, plus Diane and model Miranda Kerr.

Safe Group....

Kenley - who had passion fruit and designed this little girl polka dot dress. Eh. I don't think she will be on the season for that much longer if she keeps this up
Rami - who had kiwi. He made a silk green dress, that was OK.
Jerell - had this odd flavor, fruit of the forest. And she looked like Zena warrior princess meetings red flowing hippie
Austin - had vanilla Madagascar. Who knows what that means? But he had a bridal one shoulder gown with applique flowers hot glued on. Boring.

Top 3...

Mila - milk with sour cherries. She had a flowy red and white dress. It was OK. I don't know if I would put it in the top. I don't like Mila as a person or a competitor, so I am hoping she goes home soon.
Mondo - cantaloupe. Gorgeous. This has green sleeves (the rind) and an orange middle and was gorgeous! They started to make fun of the orange color, but Isaac was wearing orange and so was Angela. Kettle meet pot.

from ew.com

And the winner, was Michael! Although I didn't love his dress the most, I love him. Him and Mondo are my top 2 and underdogs. He had grapefruit and made this pale pink flowy low cut dress. Miranda Kerr will now wear it to something. When Diane was critiquing him, she told him he should call her and his face smized! He was in heaven.

Bottom 3....

Anthony - who had Green tea. His look was very similar to Rami's, but they hated this one. Anthony is my third favorite. So I was happy to see that he didn't go home.
Kara - had chocolate with cayenne pepper. And instead of doing something WOW, she did a pregnant baby doll dress with white, then brown, the red ruffles. Yuck. She is lucky she was safe, she is next to go on my list.
And the loser, was April. Thank G.O.D. I didn't think she was good enough to be back here again anyways! Her color was blueberry and did make a gorgeous dark blue over light blue dress, but she made the back so short you could see her you know what! She was really sad to go, but admitted she was only 22 and would bounce back soon!

from ew.com

Who are you rooting for? And who do you think the next to go is? Only time will tell designers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember most posts contain spoilers! Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...