Monday, January 9, 2012

Project Runway - All Stars

I guess since ANTM decided to do this, so did Project Runway. I only started watching runway since end of season 6, so I don't know all of the contestants, but I am happy with the ones I do.


from lifetime.com

We have three new judges. One supermodel, Angela Lindvall (like Heidi), one designer, Isaac Mizrahi, (like Michael) and another personality Georgina Marchesa (nothing like Nina). They are using Joanna Coles (Marie Claire Editor) instead of Tim Gunn as style consultant. And I also have to say that Austin Scarlett is a bit TOO much for me.

The 13 stars have to create a unconventional item from a .99 cent store.

I have to say that they are super creative. I have no idea how to sew, let alone sew garbage bags, mops, plastic, brillo pads and various other things to look like couture fashion. Mondo is truly one of my favorites, along with Michael Costello. I am not too sure why April or Mila are there. They weren't very good designers. But when I saw Anthony, oh my. I loved his accent and the way he was always happy. I was a little worried when both Michael and April used the same mop and almost same design down the runway, but both were safe.

They put together these looks on the runway to mimic the original pieces they designed. Mondo was close to winning, but Rami took home the crown. They let Elisa go because of her hippy, butterfly, read the message on the fabric item. Even Ken Downing from Neiman Marcus was like peace out girlfriend.

I am excited to see the designs, but I feel like most of these shows should stay away from all star seasons. PLEASE! Do you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember most posts contain spoilers! Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...