Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pure Shock Value: Ringer

I have to start by saying I am completely obsessed with Sarah Michelle Gellar. I have watched every season of Buffy since 1997 and own all of the DVDs. I even watch the spin off Angel and own those DVDs as well. In college I had a framed photo of her and dressed up as her one year for Halloween. (Obsess much?) Regardless to say, she is my idol. I have been following her career since I was little when she was in a short-lived drama Swans Crossing.

When I heard that Ringer would be airing, I knew I had to watch. The season started slow, but every episode has really started to reel me in. Its about two twin sisters who pose as one another (Parent Trap-esque or The Lying Game?) Siobhan is the wealthy sis who lives in Manhattan and Bridget is the ex-addict who is running from the law. Siobhan fakes her own death and runs off to Paris. Never did she ever think that Bridget would assume her identity and be living her life and emptying her bank account. The latest is that Gemma, the bff of the real Shiv and the wife of her lover Henry has been kidnapped/murdered/unknown.

Recap: In this episode everybody is being questioned about the disappearance of Gemma Butler. The cops pull out a photo of Bridget Kelly and ask Henry (the lover) and Andrew (the husband) if they know who she is, they both do. I am shocked. It goes into a rewind of Shiv telling them both who she is and why she never wanted to mention her addict twin. Even Juliet gets in the act and is like "Oh my god there is two of them?" I laughed out loud. Agent Machado (who is not very good) asks more questions when all he really had to do is fingerprint Shiv to see she is really Bridget, hello!


from cwtv.com

One of the better parts of the episode is when Malcolm escapes from the van. He gets cleaned up and beats up the bad guy, steals his gun and is on his way to NY to warn Bridge. I actually cringed every time they shot drugs into him and he could not get away. Uggg, still cringing.

Juliet gets into a car accident because her and her lame friend drink too much and instead of taking a cab, they try to drive home. She ends up calling her teacher to come help her (foreshadowing an affair?) and gets in even more trouble with dear old dad who takes away her trust fund.

Bridge/Shiv confides in her new sponsor Charlie that her bestie Gemma is missing and she wants him to do some digging. She tells him where her car is parked at JFK long term parking (what a huge bill to pay) and he says he will go snoop around for clues.

Here is where the cliffhangers leave us. Bridge thinks she sees Malcolm at Gemma's opening party (sans Gemma of course) and passes the fck out. She gets rushed to the hospital and they decide to do an ultrasound to make sure baby Martin is ok. We all know where this is heading, since the unborn fetus is in the real Shiv not her twin. Finally, we see Charlie go to check out Gemma's car and wipe off blood from her trunk, his blood. Eerie. He calls the real Shiv in Paris and we find out that he is her accomplice in the murder of Gemma Butler. GASP. My mouth was literally open and I said WHAT and awoke my sleeping puggy.

What a great episode.

I cant wait to see what else happens in this twin melodrama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember most posts contain spoilers! Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...