Friday, March 23, 2012

Project Runway: Finale!

And the winner is....... MONDO! But let's backtrack just a bit shall we?

We are getting all ready for the mini runway show at Gotham Hall. Michael is having some snags backstage, with fabric being too large or too short, blaming it on only 4 days and not full  model fittings. Its Ok Michael, I still love you.

from ew.com

We have guest judged Ken Downing, who runs Neiman Marcus (I get his emails every week!) and Tommy Hilfiger. I have to say that even though I have had my favorites from the beginning (1. Michael 2. Mondo 3. Anthony) and 2/3 are in the top 3, I said to myself that I would judge the winner by their final collection. And off go the collections.

First we have Austin Scarlett (who Mondo comments that he stole Liza Minnelli's wardrobe, ahahah) who shows an AMAZING collection. He introduced it as punk rock , vampire collection who borrows clothes from his Hassid dandy friends. Oh boy. I thought he really rocked it. He had these wearable, versatile pieces and this wedding dress at the end to die for. He was my thought for winner.

from sheknows.com

Next we have Mondo, who did his Therapy collection. I think it was cute and quirky and this one pant suit was amazing. But I have to say that he designs very junior wear (which is his forte). And even the inkblot dress didn't wow me. I thought he would be last picked.

from sheknows.com

Then we have Michael, who is always so gracious. He talks about his collection being in the Serengeti. We have those gorgeous draped dresses and this one short and top that I loved. I would wear that as resort wear on my next trip. I do think that last year's winner Anya, rocked a better resort wear, but hey, she was only sewing for a few months!

from sheknows.com

The designers mulled over the collections and thought of how they did all season. Issac made me think he was interested in Michael's since he said its the most cohesive collection, while Tommy did too. I didn't hear much positive about Mondos, except for the pants.

First, Michael got sent home with a trip to Paris for 2. He was gracious and kind and loved how far he has come. Then they let go of Austin, who is not gracious and makes snarky faces. I really thought he would win, but I guess he didn't. Then the winner was MONDO. He was happier than a school boy! He cried and hugged everyone. His collections will now be sold at select Neiman Marcus stores and he will be guest editor at Marie Claire alongside Nina Garcia.

Good job Mondo! At least one of my top 3 took it home!

Who do you think should have won?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember most posts contain spoilers! Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...