Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How I met Your Mother: Season Finale

Marshall and Barney are still drunk in Atlantic City. He is trying anything he can to get to the birth of his son. Who Barney wants his middle name to be "wait for it". They finally get on a bus to Buffalo, where Marshall and the elderly people convince the driver to stop at the hospital.

Ted sends a labor announcement email and him and Robyn try to distract Lily by telling her lame stories. Robin compares this birth to the birth of a horse and gives Lily sugar cubes to calm her down. Hysterical. Her father ends up coming to the hospital, but after her 7 year old tonsil incident she sends him packing. Robin and Ted decide to be friends.

Marshall finally makes it and the birth of Marvin WAIT FOR IT Erickson occurs. Robin somehow convinces Ted that he should contact Victoria. She is the only one he ever truly loved. He calls her and she says she will come meet him. She does. In her wedding dress. She says she wants to drive away with him. He had a moment of conscious when he said he shouldn't be left at the altar, but then drives past the church holding hands with her.

from cbs.com

Barney is on his way to Hawaii with Quinn when he gets stopped at security for a big metal box in his luggage. Its magician's code so he doesn't tell them whats in it. They take them into the little room where he finally does the trick. The box opens up and explodes holding a flower that blooms with an engagement ring in it.

from cbs.com

Flash forward to the wedding we all saw in the beginning of the season. It shows Barney getting ready and the bride asking for Ted. Who is the bride you say? ROBYN.

from cbs.com

2 comments:

  1. Ah, stop teasing me! I saw the episode, and read the TV Guide interview. I’m looking forward to next season’s “twists and turns” that I have been promised now that we know the shocking end to the Robin saga. Still, I have a tight schedule for shows I like to watch, so I watched “How I Met Your Mother” while I was getting ready for going to work at Dish this morning. I like that with the Auto Hop feature on my Hopper I can cut down the time it takes to watch the show to a measly 20 minutes; enough time to make and eat breakfast. That time saving feature makes it possible to keep watching the show, only now what will I watch in the morning through the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fan of the show since the very beginning I was happy with this finale. It was better than the season leading up to it was, absolutely, and a strong entry into the canon of the show in its own right. I also really dig that Barney and Robin end up together. Quinn bugged me, and I’ll be glad to see the last of her. I wasn’t able to watch Monday night when it aired, but recorded the season finale using the PrimeTime Anytime feature on my Hopper. It was nice, as a Dish employee beta tester, to have the Auto Hop feature. With it, I can watch the show with the commercials or with them automatically skipped over. It’s just a better way to watch; there are no interruptions to take you out of the show.

    ReplyDelete

Remember most posts contain spoilers! Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...