Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mommy, Daddy Issues

I was never an original fan of HIMYM. I started watching it because I couldn't understand why my husband was laughing so much from the other room. I rented the first 5 seasons on Netflix and then I was hooked. The friendship between them is reminiscent of any other fave show of mine. Even though it is more male bonding and testosterone flavored then SATC, it works.

In "Loretta", we find the already over sized group at their dive bar usual hangout stuffed into their favorite booth. May I remind you this was the booth they fought some guy in the back alley over (well the bartender did, but they still got punched for it). Barney's brother tells the gang that Barney's new girlfriend Nora reminds him of their mother. As I start to take this into consideration, I realize that my husband does have a lot of qualities my dad possesses. Which is why I love him so much. But if I ever started picturing my father during kissing, love making, nudity, etc. I would throw up on our West Elm duvet.


From Daemonstv.com

Although I have come to love these characters and have them let me into their lives just a little bit, I am starting to wane exhaustion with their story lines. Robin is dating her shrink, Kevin (Kal Penn) who has gained a few lbs since we last saw him chowing down on White Castle along with fellow castmate Barney (Neil Patrick Harris, or Doogie Howser, M.D. as he will always be lovingly known as). I think that the relationship between Robin and Ted has gotten a bit too close for comfort and I don't blame Kevin for blowing a gasket over this one.

I found it a bit morbid that Marshall was picturing Lilly-pad as his dad, considering that he died and it made me more sad than grossed out (good thing?)

In the end, Nora gets a gold gangster cap in her teeth, bird shit on her head and witnesses a man plummeting to his death off of her boyfriend's apartment building.

I am hoping that the laughs are a bit more increasing as time goes on. I think that after 6 seasons, sometimes shows just need to end. Tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember most posts contain spoilers! Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...