Thursday, October 27, 2011

Models Join the D-List

I have to start by saying that I am not a true ANTM fan. I only started watching about the 5th season in. Now we are cycle 17 and I am starting to think Tyra has lost her fierceness. I watch this show because of panel. I think that Tyra, Miss J, Nigel, and even Andre give great commentary and are very realistic. Tyra never browbeats the contestants and always has something genuinely helpful to say even during critique. And I know they are trying different things, sometimes having smaller than 5'4" models (since us shorties cant normally rock it in the model biz) And the prizes have changed (Vogue Italia, perfume line, Express ads), the travel has increased and the judges have even swapped out (do we miss Janice?), but I think that this All-Star idea was good in theory, bad on screen.

This episode it starts out with the girls trying to create their own fragrance. I think it is actually really cool that they get to mix scents, name them and then try to promote them. They have to sell them in rose petaled filled bathtubs, splash splashing around which obviously makes for better scent sales. Bianca, the diva, wont get into the tub. She swears that Beyonce would never (girl you ain't Queen B)

Then we are off to the photo shoot where they are supposed to portray NeNe (Housewives of Atlanta, a show I have never seen) or Snookie (Jersey Shore) on the back of a motorcycle. Again Bianca, the diva, has this ass-backward idea to bring a jar of pickles on set (If Mr. J wanted pickles there, I am sure he would've asked first B) and I know this will sound really bad, but Shannon, the Christian, needs to go. She is gorgeous and has a great smile, but seriously, get-over-yourself Shannon.


From thedeadbolt.com

At judging, it seems that 2 girls are going home (cue horror music) and it seems that the judges do not have the harshest critique. Kathy Griffin however has a funny cameo and would be an actual great addition to the panel. We are down to the Christian, Queen B and Gay Kayla (whom I heart), and they end up keeping Jesus and letting the rest go. Tear.

I am pretty sure the reviews on this are rotten, because this the way the show is headed.
ANTM fans, are you still watching? Or have you found another way to spend your Wednesday nights?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember most posts contain spoilers! Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...