Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween in Suburbia

I added Suburgatory to my DVR roster hoping that it would be a nice 24 minute interlude in my TV agenda. The whole premise of moving from Manhattan to the suburbs hit a bit close to home. I realize eventually hubby and I will have to trade subways for highways and take out for local fare, but until then I am going to soak up Manhattan like it's going out of style.

Last night's episode was all about Halloween in the suburbs. I think that they are a bit far fetched with their depiction of city Halloween. I have not yet seen a murder crime scene and have always loved the lavish costumes and trick or treating door to door apartments. I think it saves us from bad weather and unwanted pranksters. (You cannot really egg an apartment door - or can you?)

Tessa and her dad (Jeremy Sisto, who btw was on Clueless - just sayin) decorate their house with ghosts, goblins and a real guillotine. George and the Queen Bee house mother, Dallas (who btw is amazingly portrayed by Cheryl Hines) are getting pretty close. It seems obvious to me that she does not want her always traveling, financial whiz kid husband but would like a down to earth man like George.


From Aoltv.com

Tessa dresses up as "Misty" who apparently "went to a better place". This was the kids and guidance counselor's term for "going to school in New Jersey". I have to say, when she is portraying Misty she looks amaze. She could really straighten her hair and put some makeup on.

I still have not seen the wow factor in this show. I am hoping it will turn around. I know it was picked up for another full season. I think I would like to know what happened to Tessa's mother, see George and Dallas fall in love and unite the frenemies of their daughters and maybe produce a love interest for Tessa.

Till then, I will just enjoy vicariously living their suburban life as I enjoy my apartment in Manhattan for just a few more years longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember most posts contain spoilers! Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...