Monday, October 31, 2011

Make it Work Moment!

I have to start out by saying I am a huge fan on Project Runway. I started this about a few seasons in, so I never got a chance to watch it from the beginning. I personally cannot sew a stitch. (I hardly think making boxers and teddy bears in middle school home ec qualifies me to be a contestant.) But every time I watch one of these, I get so inspired to head to Mood, pick up some fabrics, and begin to design and sew!

I think a lot of the appeal of this show is the judges as well as the clashing of the diva-esque personalities of the contestants. Heidi Klum is gorgeous, immaculately put together and hysterical to watch. She really tells the truth and always causes me to laugh. Michael Kors is dead pan honest. Nina Garcia has lightened up a bit the past few seasons and that is really nice to see.

This season we are down to the finale part 2 where the remaining 4 contestants (usually they have 2 or 3) are to show 10 pieces of their new collection that they had 6 weeks to design back at home during NY fashion week at Lincoln Center. They get put up in a pimp penthouse and have a few days to edit, edit, edit. They are also given $500 and are able to go back to mood and add pieces to their collection.

Let's dish on the contestants (in no particular order)

Kimberly - she is a down to earth, Brooklyn, urban chic who tries to put all of her background into her work. You can see it in her accessories, her vibrant colors and her style in general. I like her work a lot. I think however, she should've played on her assets, which is well-tailored pants and sophisticated blouses. The judges really swooned over her black glittery dress, which I just did not like. Sorry Kim.

Viktor - his quirky style comes out more during the finale than it ever did throughout the show. He looks like Pinocchio is the final runway. He has really great taste, clean lines and things that I could see myself wearing. That white leather jacket with the baubles was amaze. I would wear that in a second. I do like his pieces with the leather, but not the sheer and the printed pants were to die for. Omg, the metal tank top, please buy me that! I really thought he would be the winner, not the second person called out, come on!

Joshua - GIRL. He was the loudest most original character on here. I love when they throw a really obnoxious person into the mix. He really did have his own sense of style. Although, I personally hated those lime green shorts with the strings. They felt like one of those paper dolls that you dress up. And the outfits with the plastic = tacky, not tasteful.

Anya - I still cannot believe she learned to sew 4 months prior to entering. Heidi has an eye for talent and spotted her from the getgo. I love her flowy pieces and her vibe. She really does have an eye for fabrics. She walked into mood and found three amazing things instead of the 6 weeks she had at home. She really thinks on her feet. I think that if she has more sewing classes, her collection will literally fly off the wall. I totally am thinking Milly's cabana collection with a Trinidad vibe.

Anya was the clear winner. I think that she had that underdog feeling from the beginning, but such a "lovely" personality that when she won, people were rooting for her. (According to people mag, she even has offers from celebrities already!)


From people.com

As a side note: every single person in the finale had a serious death in their family. Viktor's brother, Anya's brother, Kim's mother and brother and Joshua's mother. Jeesh. Was this is a coincidence or gripping television?

I actually was rooting for either Bert or Laura from the beginning.

Who do you think should have won?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember most posts contain spoilers! Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...