Friday, July 13, 2012

Shows I Don't Recap

Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition
ABC program starring trainer Chris Powell (Hottie with a body) who helps overweight people slim down in one year's time. Right now the show is in their second season. The first 3 months he shows them how to eat and transforms their homes into home gyms. He lives with them for 3 months and sets 3 month goals until 12 months and their ideal weight. Sometimes if they hit each goal, they get a prize or incentive. People have lost 200 + pounds on this show. It is truly inspiring and he is not too bad to watch shirtless on the TV.


Real World "St Thomas"
Yes, I know I am a grown up, but sometimes I really get into the Real World. This season is in St. Thomas, which they have not yet repeated. It stars pretty boy Trey, ugly duckling Laura, Skater dude Brandon, pretty black boy Swift, perky black girl Toya, blonde Marie and redhead Rob. 7 strangers live together for 3 months and see what emerges. As of now, everyone is coupled up except skater boy Brandon. I am waiting for the drama to get deeper!


The Choice
Another reality dating show you say? Well I had to. Summer TV is slow. Host Cat Deeley has 4 guys or 4 ladies, all b-list celebs sit in a chair with their backs facing the contestants. The contestants have like 1 minute to speak to get the celebs to turn around and want to date them. The celebs get 3 girls/guys in their dating pool. They let go of 1 and then have an intimate question for the remaining two. The one they choose they go on a date with that evening. Mildly entertaining when I know the stars, like Pauly D, Situation, Rob Kardashian and Carmen Electra. Probably wont last another season.


Hells Kitchen
I always get sucked in. I watch this almost every season and we are in the 10th now. Meanie chef Gordon Ramsay has about 12 - 18 aspiring chefs and he splits them into red (girls) and blue (boys) teams. They have to complete mini challenges and dinner services. We begin to eliminate a chef each episode until we are down to the final 2 who compete in an all out restaurant challenge. There is always drama and he always shouts nasty things that are funny like calling them donkeys. Although I am not sure how successful the winners are, I am happy to watch the creative dishes they come up with.


Dogs in the City
Dog trainer Justin Silver meets clients who are having problems with their dogs. I like this because I have a dog and I live in the city, duh :) But seriously, he really does help them out and he is the dog whisperer. I would be happy to put my pug in his hands!


1 comment:

  1. Of the shows you mentioned, my personal favorites are Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition and Dogs in the City. Like you I love Chris Powell and how positive and encouraging he is, he really has the right approach. I appreciate Dogs in the City because I love how Justin really looks at the root of the issue, with the dogs’ families. I was happy to watch these shows this season, by suggestion of my coworker at Dish. I was even more excited with the fact that my Hopper automatically records all shows on during prime time on major networks, with the Prime Time Anytime feature. It’s so convenient and it saves me a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete

Remember most posts contain spoilers! Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...